There is a New Watershed Database (when you click on the linke there will be a list of databases, scroll down to Project Watershed Data. Then click on guest. The new database has taken all of the previous data from the "old " database. If you would like to review the previous database - click on this link, scroll past error messages down to map and available links. old Wateshed Database
Project Watershed is
An Izaak Walton League of America environmental education and community outreach program that engages central New York high school, middle school and college students, and adult volunteers, in monitoring water quality and conserving local streams.
What we do…
- Engage middle and high school students in hands-on, real-world science using streams as living classrooms.
- Educate teachers, students and adults about water quality, watershed ecology, pollution, and stream monitoring.
- Collect scientifically valid data for schools, the public, and government agencies responsible for water quality.
- Instill a commitment to sensible stewardship of water resources among participants.
- Report pollution problems and conserve streams.
See what students have said about Project Watershed.
How we do it…
Project Watershed is a full service program. We bring experienced program leaders, equipment and expertise to a stream close to the school or adult group. In less than two hours, participants collect biological, chemical and physical data. The data, curriculum activities, and other valuable information is available for students, teachers, government agencies and the general public. Participants also learn about why watersheds are important and how to protect them.
* Contact Les Monostory – Project Watershed Coordinator: email@example.com